IDEAS..IDEAS..IDEAS

    Lately I've been doing more and more research on documentaries, ever since I decided that would be one of my top 3 ideas for when I come to a final decision on Friday for my genre and film idea. Before most of this research I thought documentaries were literally just plain boring interviews.. I discovered a lot of new things that can help me during the process of this project.

    First I need to talk about the needs to start the creation of the a documentary.. Like a hand held camera, a narrative voice over, and interviews with experts or people that were present in the event, and original footage/photos/evidence. 

    After getting all of my needs to start the film I will have to find out who I am going to interview and what specific questions am I going to ask them.. Once I figure out the people I am interviewing I will have to decide on a setting/area where I am going to shoot my documentary. Usually when I see interviews and the recent interviews I researched, it's a plain black or white backdrop/back-screen. Therefore, the focus is mainly on the person that is getting interviewed so the story will be easy to understand. And, so it will be easier to focus on what the person is seeing.. So it will feel more like the viewer is actually living in the moment of the event.

    

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CCR QUESTIONS

Research and Planning ..

What did you learn about using production technologies (cameras, lights, etc.)?