CCR QUESTIONS

 Jadha A. Sunderland  

March 1-4, 2021 

Period 4 

 

  1. How do your products use or challenge conventions and how do they represent social groups or issues?  

  • [Analyze your title sequence and explain your decisions regarding mise-en-scene, cinematography, editing, sound, titles, etc. Show how they use or challenge genre conventions] - 2 paragraphs. 

Answer:  

*Establishment for a certain genre is established by film opening (setting, sound, characters, etc.) and title sequences through convention elements. An example of title sequences and film openings being established through convention elements is the type of background audio, the light, how low or high the lighting is, the background color and the actual title color... Most of the time in horror movies the title color is dark or a bright bloody red with blood droplets and the background is usually dark black. 

*For me and my group member's film, being “Beware of the 20”. Our title sequence will have a big, bold, dark, bloody red title color and size... And our background will be pitch black and the letters will be dripping blood. Our title sequence, “Beware of the 20”, will follow majority of the rules and requirements of the conventional elements for a horror film. 

 

  • [How are social groups or issues usually represented in your genre? Did you use or challenge these representations?] - 2 paragraphs.  

Answer: 

*For most horror movies following the proper conventional elements the villain or killer is what forms the plot of the film and opening. It would be inappropriate to include or add every single last convention into to opening scene of the film because it would only be about 2-3 minutes. 

*In me and my group members film, “Beware of the 20” the conventions that are represented and followed throughout our film is lowkey lighting, dark background and editing... The sketchy high pitched scary music to build up suspense, the villain, the isolated location and the costumes/outfits to build the characters image. And the best of all, stereotypes such as an ignorant blonde tripping on a rock and causing herself to be murder. 

  

  1. How do your products engage with the audience and how would they be distributed as real media products?  

  • [Clarify your process of researching and choosing a production company] - 1 paragraph. 

Answer: 

*Being that the horror film is one of the most viewed genres, made it an easy pick. The types of production companies that gives attention to lower priced films, horror films, and entertainment films such as me and my group members film, “Beware of the 20” ... Are Miramax, Lionsgate, Touchstone Pictures, Ghosthouse Pictures, TriStar Pictures, and much more. These types of productions companies help small directors and film receive the attention they deserve for their hard work. Even though our film wasn’t very expensive compared to other films due to us improvising what we had already, it makes us happy to know that our hard work has a chance to be paid off. 

  • [Discuss how your film would be exhibited and marketed to audiences] - 1 paragraph. 

Answer: 

*Me and my group members film, “Beware of the 20” will be exhibited and marketed to audiences through entertaining 1 minute film trailers, by using extra scenes (behind the scenes and bloopers) to show the audience the personality of the characters and making them feel closer to the characters in the film... By IMDB listings, and by using other forms or advertising. We also plan to exhibition we chose to us for our film is theatrical franchise 

  • [What is your target audience? Why? Why would they watch your film?] - 1 paragraph.  

Answer:  

* Different genre films have different types of targeted audience... And it is the same thing with horror films, not all horror films have the same audience. Because one type of horror may be less frightened than another type of horror movie. But the traditional and usual age audience that is a target for horror films... Is young adults and teenagers, being approximately the ages 15-27. Studies have shown that many young audiences are drawn toward graphic images and enjoy the entertainment that comes from the horror films. 

  1. How did your production skills develop throughout this project? 

  • [How did you become a better filmmaker than you were at the beginning of the class?] - 1 paragraph. 

Answer:  

* I became a better filmmaker than I were at the beginning of the class because I learned and started to understand about the conventions of not only horror but other film genres as well so when I would review a film that I shot in the past I would know what it needed, what it was missing, and what specific thing would fix it. I also know how to comprehend how to produce, construct and send messages to my audience through my film. Once when I was watching a horror film with my friends recently, I was like “oh gosh, you can tell that I actually learned how to film in Mrs. Landis’ class because when that scene just came up and they changed angles I started to analyze it and they laughed and agreed.” So, I do believe I improved with my filmmaking and analyzing skills, thanks to this class.  

  • [What did you learn about the process of making films (beginning, middle, and end)?] - 1 paragraph. 

Answer:  

* What I learned about the process of making films in the beginning is not much quite honestly... I was actually extremely confused in the beginning of the process and it started to truly frighten me because I thought that I would be stuck at the same check point the whole class experience... I also started to fear the fact that I thought I was going to fail every quarter, assignment, project, and quiz were assigned. But I soon realized that I was starting to get the hang and idea of what was required for certain projects and assignments. And NOTES I repeat... NOTES. They helped so much I promise! It would be times I was completely lost but then my teacher would spend a whole class period giving my classmates and I video links and showing us PowerPoints of notes then I started to understand a bit more. I cannot lie and say I had it packed down by the middle of the class, because sometimes I would still be confused. Towards the end is when all of it came together, I started to truly understand what was exactly required. And what my teacher wanted us to specifically do, it was still sometimes I had to research but majority of the times I understood. 

  • [Talk about planning, drafting, directing, shooting, revising, editing, sound, etc. as applicable.]  - 2 paragraphs 

Answer:  

* Planning was surprisingly easier than I imaged, it obviously wasn’t super easy, but it was easier than I would have ever imaged. I think planning was easier than I pictured it because it was 4 people in my group and 4 brains is way better than 1. Drafting was a little difficulin the beginning specially for blogging because it was something I was literally new to. I had never once blogged, well to my memory. 

Directing was easy due to me have great group members that had good communition skills, I mean sometimes it was meeting up problems where we couldn’t film because majority of the group couldn’t meet up. But 9 times out of 0 it was a fun experience because we worked and had fun while directing and same for shooting. Revising and editing was honestly my favorite part of filmmaking. Because it was very easy and fun to poke around and play around with the options until we found the perfect effects, transitions, etc for our film. Revising was interesting because we got to see where we messed up and what we need to switch and change out to better the film. Most of our sound came from natural sound from our recording but the sound that didn’t was from audio files. We downloaded audio files and inserted them into our film. 

  • [Show how you will leave the class a more skilled, knowledgeable filmmaker than you were when you started.] - 1 paragraph. 

Answer:  

* I feel as if I will leave this class extremely more skilled and a knowledge filmmaker than when I started. I learned and the conventional terms of film genres and before I started this class, I wouldn’t be able to specifically tell what the character's possible inventions and personality were by the way they dressed. I now understand about the conventions of not only horror but, other film genres as well. So, when I would review a scene that I shot in the past during filming I would know what it needed, what it was missing, and what specific thing would fix it. I also know how to comprehend how to produce, construct and send messages to my audience through my film. 

 

  1. How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?  

  • [What equipment did you use in the project?] - 1 paragraph. 

Answer:  

* The technology we used was our phones, which we already knew how to use. A Kodak camera which we had to read about a little and watch a few YouTube videos on to understand how to operate. A portable studio microphone that my group members older sister let us borrow showed us how to use, which was connected to the computer. Then sometimes we used lighting, but mainly natural lighting majority of the time. 

  • [What did you learn about using technology?] - 1 paragraph. 

Answer:  

* What I learned about using production technologies is that it isn't simple but, learning how to use the technologies also wasn't extremely hard. Me and my group members found out how to properly use the equipment within 10 minutes max... It was obviously the most basic levels of knowledge since we wouldn't be need the equipment long term. The technology we used was our phones, which we already knew how to use. A Kodak camera which we had to read about a little to understand how to operate. A portable studio microphone that my group members older sister showed us how to use, which was connected to the computer which made it 10x easier to understand. Then sometimes we used lighting but mainly natural lighting majority of the time. What I learned about the camera is that it was different from other cameras, it started recording differently the other cameras. I learned a lot about the microphone, it was easy but hard at the same time if that makes sense. It was a lot of buttons and if you pressed one button that you weren't or at least made one mistake the whole audio would have been ruined. 

 

 

  • [Show “before and after” examples] - at least 2  

Answer:  

Before                                                                                     After 

          

 

             Before                                                                 After    

                                                   

 

  • [Use picture and video evidence] - use from entire process. 

Answer:  

        Before  After  

         

  • [Be specific about settings used, etc.] - for each shot. 

Answer:  

The editing Apps and websites my group members and I used for our film and entire project... Are Picsart, iMovie, WeVideo, Video Star. We used Picsart for the “after” pictures above. We used WeVideo, iMovie, and Video star to edited clips and our videos in our film. The settings we used on the camera was dimmed. The audio files were lowered to 96 and 83. For the microphone we used low-pitch 

  1. What is your choice of digital format for presentation of your CCR? 

Answer:  

* The choice of digital format for presentation of my CCR is a PowerPoint with a voice over. 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Research and Planning ..

What did you learn about using production technologies (cameras, lights, etc.)?